Auckland Airport is excited to announce its 2018 Tourism Development Grant.The ability of New Zealand operators to offer outstanding seasonal and country-wide travel experiences is key to the support, ongoing development and profitability, of the New Zealand tourism industry as well as the sustainability of the operations of the airlines that service New Zealand.
Marketing activity that uses ‘out of the ordinary’ thinking to promote New Zealand in key tourism markets, encouraging travellers to explore more of New Zealand and, as a consequence, bringing economic benefits to the wider community is desirable for the tourism industry. Seasonal packaging and marketing of products helps create demand across the year.
This year the award of a single grant of NZ$100,000 will recognise and support a proposition that brings the seasonal and regional themes to life.
The Tourism Development Grant will focus on a proposition that delivers to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to convert sales in the targeted market;
- Quality of the business plan and ability of the team to deliver;
- Innovative experiences or itineraries with arrival into and/or departure from Auckland Airport;
- Defined points of difference;
- Telling uniquely New Zealand stories; and
- Consider key New Zealand markets: Australia, China, The Americas, others
The Tourism Development Grant is open to New Zealand-based tourism operators, Regional Tourism Organisations and other organisations with ideas to stimulate year-round visitation to New Zealand and the ability to deliver on the proposed business plan and programme.
The deadline for the submission of applications for Tourism Development Grant is 5pm, 30 June 2018. Applications should be made to email@example.com using the official application form.