Application Deadline: Friday 9th February 2018 by 5:00 pm (UTC/GMT -4)
Eligible Countries: Barbados, Grenada, and St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Grant: EUR 3,000 and EUR 5,000.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 3 months nor exceed 9 months
About the grants
The Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) in partnership with Pro NGO is seeking applications for its program entitled “Sub Grants for small farmers in the Eastern Caribbean” to enhance opportunities for sustainable livelihoods across Eastern Caribbean farming communities.
CPDC invites all small farmers located in Barbados, Grenada, and St. Vincent & the Grenadines to apply for a small grant which would assist in the implementation of climate smart agriculture practices that will reduce operational costs. CPDC will provide limited technical assistance upon request.
- Major objective: To increase the participation of young and rural women farmers in the agriculture sector.
- Specific Objective: To support at least 10 young and rural women farmers to access finance to implement climate smart agriculture practices including renewable and energy efficient technologies.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- Own/Lease and operate the farm for at least 1 year and
- Be between the ages of 18 -35 for young applicants and
- Participate in the training provided by the project for the implementation of climate smart actions.
- If awarded the Grant contract, the applicant will become the Beneficiary as identified by the Coordinator. The Coordinator is the main interlocutor of the Contracting Authority. It represents and acts on behalf of any other co-beneficiary (if any) and coordinates the design and implementation of the Action. Only individual farmers or Cooperatives are eligible.
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 3,000 and EUR 5,000.
Guidelines for Applications: http://docdro.id/vA0nTNz
Application Form: http://docdro.id/qKu1i6g
Find more details on the following link cpdcngo.org/call-applications-sub-grants-small-farmers-eastern-caribbean