Applications are open for the Google Impact Challenge 2018. The Challenge supports nonprofits and social enterprises with game-changing ideas to create economic opportunity in their communities. The aim of the Challenge is to empower entrepreneurs to drive community impact.
How it works: The Google Impact Challenge asks local innovators how they would make their community and beyond an even better place. The public and a panel of local Judges vote for the ideas with the most potential, and Google pairs each winner with a package of strategic support, funding and Google volunteers.
Application deadline: July 04,2018
Eligible countries: Kenya,Nigeria and South africa
- You must be a nonprofit or business with a legal registration
- Suggest a project with a clear charitable purpose.
- Not discriminate against any person or group of people in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services, including on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or ethnicity;
- agree that if you receive an Award, it will not be used for religious instruction
Note: Businesses are allowed to apply as long as their suggested projects have a clear charitable purpose and positive social impact
All 12 finalists in each country are invited to pitch their ideas to the panel of Judges at a final event. The Judges will select three Challenge winners from these finalists, and also announce the people’s choice winner. Each of the four winners will receive a $250,000 grant and training from Google. The remaining 8 finalists will receive a $125,000 grant.
- Community Impact: Does the proposed project create economic opportunity? Does it improve the lives of people in your country?
- Innovation: Does the project present unexpected solutions to unmet needs?
- Reach: Does it have the potential to scale directly or to serve as a model for other communities? Will its scope grow over time?
- Feasibility: Is the project plan (or business plan) well thought-out, and the team well-equipped to execute on it?
Kenya: Apply here
South Africa: Apply here
Nigeria: Apply here
Applications for Google Impact challenge 2018 must be submitted at or before 11:59 p.m. EAT on Wednesday, July 4, 2018
For more information,please visit impactchallenge.withgoogle.com