Applications are open for the Fondation Mérieux’s grants programme 2018. Fondation Mérieux’s grants programme contributes towards financing projects that aim to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. The projects including as beneficiaries mothers and children will be given priority.
The programme has two sessions every year:
- For the first session, the deadline for receipt of applications is March 1st. A notification will be sent to the recipients at the end of April.
- For the second session, the deadline for receipt of applications is September 1st. A notification will be sent to the recipients at the end of October.
Fondation Mérieux’s grants programme is open to the projects of private individuals, organizations or associations, provided that they are long-term and incorporate local health.
The project must meet the following criteria:
- It is run in a developing country by local people;
- It relates to HIV / AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, hepatitis, neglected tropical infections and other infectious diseases that represent significant problems to public health;
- It provides concrete solutions that are suitable and sustainable for the local population and goes beyond education and outreach.
Fondation Mérieux’s grants
Each selected project will receive a maximum grant of 5,000 euros.
To submit a project for selection and potentially receive a grant from Fondation Mérieux, applicants must provide the following documents:
- A summary of the project and budget details (Download the application form);
- An explanation of the project, its objectives, partners and action plan;
- The Curriculum Vitae of an authorized representative from the organization;
- A copy of the organization’s most recent audited of certified financial statements, from at least one year prior to the date of the grant application;
- A copy of the statutes or an official registration document for the organistation.
Once the grant application has been completed, it should be sent to:
17 rue Bourgelat, 69002 Lyon, France
or by e-mail to:
The project should provide a clear explanation of the situation, highlighting the public health problems and / or the concrete problems to be resolved. Please also provide Fondation Mérieux with a project summary in the form of a table. The project development plan should include detailed information on the precise aims of the project, the state of the premises, any restrictions, anticipated results, the project’s major assets and any existing or future partners, whether private individuals or organizations.