CRDF Global announces the Biorisk Management Engagement Grant Competition (BMEG) 2018. BMEG is a competitive grant award of $10,000 USD to strengthen biological security at laboratories in the MENA region.The goal of the competition is to provide support for biorisk management activities, which may include laboratory design, repairs and maintenance of equipment, workshops and trainings, and upgrades for the physical and procedural security of laboratory, research and diagnostic facilities at academic and industrial institutions.
Application deadline: June 18,2018
Biorisk Management Engagement Grant competition is open to Biological scientists working in high containment laboratories, agricultural and biological research facilities, diagnostics laboratories, universities, government ministries, and private laboratories in the following countries:
- Turkey; and
Finalists of Biorisk Management Engagement Grant competition will be contacted and potentially awarded a grant, with a value of $10,000 USD with a period of performance of three months.
All applications for Biorisk Management Grant competition must be submitted in English to:https://crdfglobal-gqwfg.formstack.com/forms/bmeg_application by 18 June, 2018 for consideration.
The following documents must be completed:
1) Application Form
2) Budget File;
3) Institutional Letter of Support written on institution letterhead, dated, and signed by the certifying official of your institution;
4) Partner Institution Letter of Support (signed by supporting organization official in the project) only if applicable; and
5) Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) for all team members who will be involved in the proposed project
Proposals including honorarium should include copies of valid passports for those requesting the honorarium.
Application Evaluation Criteria :
- Biosecurity and Biosafety Impact;
- Sustainability Potential;
- Budget; and
- Clarity and Completeness of application.
CRDF Global will notify applicants when the finalists are selected on 13 August 2018.
Email the BMEG team at BMEG@crdfglobal.org with any questions.
For more information,please visit www.crdfglobal.org
CRDF Global is an independent non-profit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration