Applications are open for the Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2018. The programme is an annual event for young changemakers from the African continent and Germany. This year’s event will take place in Stuttgart, Germany from 22 to 26 October and is organised in partnership with Baden Württemberg Foundation for Development Cooperation and Social Impact.
Driven by the vision of a transition towards a sustainable global economy, Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship enables young entrepreneurs to learn more about sustainable business, consider how to maximise their social impact, share their locally acquired best practices with each other, and become part of an international network of young people sharing the same spirit of sustainability.
The Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship is organised by Engagement Global with its ASA Programme within the framework of the African German Youth Initiative (AGYI) and takes place once a year, alternately in Germany and in an African country. The format was launched in Berlin in 2016. This year’s event is organised and implemented in close cooperation with Baden-Württemberg Foundation for Development Cooperation (SEZ).
The Autumn School 2018 is aimed at up to 25 sustainable entrepreneurs addressing social and environmental issues through digitalisation, and who are interested in improving their business models and in maximising their impact. The format is particularly suited for entrepreneurs who are in the early implementation phase of their project.
- get to know more about the life and work of other young changemakers from African
countries and Germany;
- acquire useful tools to further develop their business;
- exchange resources and experiences and set the base for long-term virtual or regional
- gain support and motivation to act as drivers of change for sustainable entrepreneurship in their own region;
- be part of ASA’s extended alumni and partner network
Deadline: June 24, 2018
You can apply if:
- you are fluent in English
- you are a resident of an African country or Germany
- your project aims to tackle a relevant social or environmental challenge via digitalisation
- you are strongly motivated to think and learn globally and to act as a multiplier for
sustainable business in your home country
Participation : The participation in the Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship is free of charge. The ASA Programme will bear the expenses for travel and accommodation (for six nights) for all selected participants. Participants will furthermore be assisted with the organisation of their travels, accommodation and with their visa application.
Other benefits :
- Two-month virtual online coaching programme where participants are supported by alumni to develop solutions to their business-related issues and maximize their social impact;
- Inspiring expert inputs and discussions on sustainable business and sustainability issues;
Peer-to-peer sessions where participants convene and learn from each other and invited
- Field visits to selected projects in Stuttgart;
- Networking event on sustainable business for participants and external guests featuring
panel discussions, workshops, pitches, market place,etc
A complete application for Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship must include:
- a filled-in application form
- your CV (max. 2 pages)
- a relevant reference showing your experience in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship
Please send the application form and the required documents (in English!) as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Digital signatures and scanned documents are accepted.
Only complete applications will be accepted
- The number of participants is limited to 25.
- A confirmation letter for those accepted will be sent out in the course of July.
For more information,please visit https://asa.engagement-global.de/autumn-school-for-sustainable-entrepreneurship.html or watch the video below