The Asian Women in Business Scholarship encourages and promotes exceptional Asian female students who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service and/ or entrepreneurship. The Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund will award Scholarships in November (subject to fund availability) to students who have the attributes to be the next generation of leaders.
Founded in 1995, Asian Women in Business (AWIB) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization with the primary mission of assisting Asian women entrepreneurs and professionals. Over the years, AWIB, a dynamic organization, has expanded its mission to address issues affecting Asian Americans on the corporate level; and Asian women in the legal arena; and has established a scholarship program for undergraduates which promotes and rewards demonstrated leadership. AWIB also serves on various task forces and boards to promote the inclusion of minority and women owned businesses and professionals.
Deadline: The deadline for submission is in October of each year
Asian women who fulfill the following criteria will be considered:
- Asian or Pacific Islander ancestry (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam). Please note that AWIB follows the definition used by the U.S. Census.
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution in the US, at the time of application and award
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA at the time of application
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be asked to provide the most recent official transcript
- U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
- Have one or more of the following:
(a) a leadership role in a community endeavor or
(b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement (e.g. founded your own business)
Please note: Starting a business qualifies as entrepreneurial. However, you must have this business at least one year, it should generate revenues and it must be profitable. If it is a non-profit, you must provide proof of what your organization has accomplished. Please note that you do not need to have an entrepreneurial background to qualify for this scholarship.
Scholarship award: $2,500
- Completed applications must be postmarked with the required attachments on or before October 25. Late applications will not be considered. Please do not submit applications past this deadline. Recommendation letters may be sent separately but must be received on or before the deadline.
Mail your application package to:
Asian Women In Business
42 Broadway, Suite 1748
New York, NY 10004
For further information on Asian Women In Business Scholarship,please visit http://www.awib.org