Applications for nominations to the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE) are now open. The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship aim to recognize some of the continent’s most innovative entrepreneurs. Over the past 8 years, AAE has attracted over 7000 applications from industries and sectors ranging from education. health, transport, energy among others. The awards are organized by ALN , a network for people who are passionate about developing 3 million leaders for Africa by 2060.
The awards will recognize Africa’s most talented entrepreneurs across 4 categories:
- Women Bell Award
- Best Mature Business: legacy companies with signicant revenue base and continental footprint
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs under the age of 35
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: social impact-oriented enterprises
Application deadline: July 07,2018
1. Only African companies are eligible for these awards. You will be required to provide proof that your core operations are on the continent.
2. Companies applying for Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship must have a track record of innovation, profitability, business excellence and social impact
3. Businesses from any sector are encouraged to apply.
4. Applicants interested in the Outstanding Young Entrepreneur category must be 35 years old or below.
1. Leadership, culture and values: This majorly points out to how your organisation invests in its employees as well as the values ethics that drive it.
2. Innovation: Your company should provide creative and leading edge solutions that add real value to the lives of customers
3.Profitability: Your business should be commercially sustainable and demonstrate a robust financial position
4. Long term Business Strategy: Your business should demonstrate a sound and coherent strategy for future growth and continued value addition
5. Social & Economic impact on communities: Your business should be adding value to their communities. They are looking for companies that have a demonstrable commitment to using business for social impact
After undergoing a rigorous nomination and selection process, 12 finalists(3 per category) will be invited to attend the African Leadership Network (ALN) Annual Gathering which will be hosted in Mauritius in November this year, where one winner per category will be announced.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend the award ceremony in Mauritius.
The first step is to fill in the application form and upload your supporting documents online via the ALN Website. The organizers will notify you of the status of your application by the end of August. Shortlisted candidates for Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship will the interviewed by a panel of judges via Skype.
For more information,please visit http://africanleadershipnetwork.com